Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ballista (repaired)

     Recently I have been interested in catapults again (I go in and out of it). Awhile back I had made a Ballista, which was basically a huge crossbow which the Greeks were quite fond of using. Of course mine is a miniature (although it would be neat if it was full size, but then I wouldn’t be able to keep it on display in my room) which shoots lead balls, rocks, peanuts, small twigs, or anything you can think of. You don’t want to be in the way of the lead balls, even with my miniature :-). Anyhow, the arms of my Ballista had broken and, recently I replaced them with steel arms.  I thought I would show you (plus it’s just plain cool). Alexander the Great Probably used this style of catapult during his siege of Tyre.






No comments:

Post a Comment