Monday, May 17, 2010

A Little Ditty

So, just the other day I was playing around and came up with this little melody.  I took it a few steps further by adding a few more harmonizing melodies, arranged it for a small orchestra, and, tada!  I might use it in something eventually, maybe a single movement work for the orchestra.  It almost has that "Symphonic Italian" sound if you know what I mean.  I have a recording you can listen to here.

Also, I have a few other songs in making right now.  Hope to post (sometime) in the near future.

All Music © Copyright Daniel White Music 2010

1 comment:

  1. Hey Daniel!!!
    So, it's kinda strange: when I went to go reply to your email, I couldn't find it in my account. (???) No idea what happened...
    Anywho, I'm sorry it took me so long to contact you! New York was crazy hectic, but I just got back, so things are finally slowing down a little...
    Thank you so much for the email! Very encouraging and exciting to know there is a another teen-composer out there! Awesomeness!
    You'd mentioned you lived in the Atlanta area (I think)... that's sweet! We should totally hang out sometime.
    I listened to your composition, and it sounded great. Good job! Do you use Sibelius? Finale? (If you said in the email, I'm so sorry!!! It's been a long couple of weeks)...
    Thanks for contacting me! Have a great weekend...
    Jon
    P.S. I can't get to your new blog for some odd reason... I think I need to be "invited" or something... I can't tell. Can't wait to see if I can though!

    ReplyDelete